For when you’re putting your belongings in storage in the Mon Valley, the folks at USSelfStorageLocator.com have posted some handy tips to keep in mind. Following their advice would go a long way in preventing problems–an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, as they say!
- “Choose the right self-storage unit for your needs. Be sure it is large enough to safely organize and hold what you need to store.
- Consider spending a little extra money on climate-controlled storage. This will reduce the chance of moisture damage to your boxes and items.
- Plan what you want to store and for how long.
- Organize and pack your items with your plan in mind.
- Be sure to buy appropriate boxes for the items you wish to store.
- Heavy items should be placed in smaller boxes to make them easier to lift and store.
- Invest in sturdy, high quality boxes.
- Bubble wrap is best for keeping delicate and fragile items intact.
- LABEL all boxes clearly with items inside. This prevents having to dig through boxes later to locate your items.
- Box up everything you can, unboxed items will get dusty in storage units.
- Fill boxes to capacity to prevent shifting during transport or lifting…”
See here for the full article.